Free entry fee for OSU and CCAD students participating in workshops taking place at OSU and CCAD (see below) – a minimum of 10 slots will be made available for student participants. Students will need to reserve a spot in the workshops by emailing Fuse Factory Executive Director Alison Colman at firstname.lastname@example.org to let her know which one(s) they plan to attend.
Free entry fee for Roy G Biv gallery members participating in the Intro to Ableton Live workshop (see below). A minimum of 10 slots will be made available for student participants. Gallery members will need to reserve a spot in the workshop by emailing Executive Director Alison Colman at email@example.com.
For all workshops, A maximum number of 10 slots will be made available to members of the public. Members of the public will be asked to pay $35 for a spot in each workshop in which they wish to participate. If we do not reach the maximum of 10, the remaining slots will be made available to additional students or Roy G Biv gallery members.
During the exhibition period, most workshops in Columbus will take on Saturdays and Sundays in November, with the exception being our Intro to Ableton Live workshop taking place on a Thursday evening in November.
Workshop topic 1: Intro to designing virtual experiences
- Instructor: Chris Summers, Instructional Technologist, Department of Dance, ASC Tech at The Ohio State University
- Location: 180A Hopkins Hall, OSU
- Sunday, November 20, 2 pm – 4 pm
- Oculus Rift and Google Cardboard will be provided
Workshop topic 2: Intro to electronic art with the Arduino
- Instructor: Jessica Ann, Lecturer in Sculpture + 4D, The School of Art, The University of Tennessee, Knoxville
- Location: 156 Hopkins Hall, OSU
- Saturday, November 19, 2 pm – 4 pm
- Arduino kits will be provided
Workshop topic 3: Intro to 3D fabrication
- Instructor: Andrew Frueh, 3D Lab Supervisor/Lecturer, Department of Art, The Ohio State University
- Location: 175 Hopkins Hall, OSU
- Saturday, November 19, 10 am – Noon
- 3D printers and Plastic filament will be provided
Workshop topic 4: Intro to Ableton Live
- Instructor: Kevin Kennedy, Producer and Sound/Media Artist
- Location: ROY G BIV Gallery (997 N. High St. Cols 43201)
- Thursday, November 17, 6:30 – 8:30pm
Workshop topic 5: Intro to video mapping with MadMapper
- Instructor: John Cairns, Video Artist/Adjunct Instructor/Graduate Admissions Counselor, Columbus College Art and Design
- Location: Columbus College Art & Design, Design Studios on Broad, 3rd Floor MFA Seminar Space
- Saturday, December 3, 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm
For additional information and questions regarding the exhibition application and workshops, please visit our website, thefusefactory.org and/or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.